People for a Healthy Community (PHC) is Gabriola Island’s non-profit social services agency and community resource centre. We work to support the health and well-being of all members of our community by offering a range of essential services.
PHC’s Spring Extravaganza!
Saturday, April 30th, 2016 from 5:00 to 9:00 pm @ Silva Bay Restaurant & Pub
Tickets are $20 and available at PHC (675 North Rd.), Arbutus Building Supply, The Hive, Silva Bay Restaurant & Pub or North Road Sports & Clothing. Ticket includes choice of wine, beer or soft drink and your choice of burger (beef or veggie) and salad or fries, fish and chips, or vegetarian lasagna and salad.
Mark your calendars for an evening of celebration! Live music and charity silent auction with over 100 items available from local businesses including gift certificates, massages, car tune-ups, firewood, original artwork, jewellery and much more! All proceeds benefit PHC’s programs including the weekly food bank, weekly soup socials, monthly seniors’ lunch, and the Food for Thought school lunch program.
Our Programs & Services
- Food Bank
- Soup Socials
- Senior’s Lunches
- Food for Thought includes Gabriola’s School Lunch Program (hot lunches) and emergency lunches for kids at Gabriola’s Elementary School
- PHC Gardens includes programs for children, seniors and food bank participants
Circle of Care
- Counselling & Outreach
- Citizen Advocacy
- Suicide Prevention
- Caregiver Support Group
- Grief Support Group
- Participant Engagement Activities
- Help at Home including Fetch Community Health Database
- BC Community Response Network
- Drivers to Doctors
- Help with Housing/Housing Support
- NEW! RDN Taxi Saver Program
- PHC’s Spring Extravaganza
- Christmas Bureau
- Spirit Feast